New Horizons: A Mental Health Symposium
May 11 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm| Free
Please join us on Saturday, May 11th from 9:00am-1:00pm at Kennesaw State University – Prillaman Hall for a mental health symposium for community members! By providing mental health information and resources, we hope to educate and empower Cobb & Douglas community members battle mental health issues and achieve mental wellness. There will be speakers, mental health resources, screenings, and refreshments. To register for the event, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/new-horizons-tickets-59009650453 Please register by May 3rd to reserve your seating and refreshments.
Date: Saturday, May 11th
Location: Kennesaw State University – Prillaman Hall
520 Parliament Garden Way NW
Kennesaw GA, 30144
Parking: Attendees may park in the Central Deck, free of charge. The Central Deck is located next to Prillaman Hall. For a map of KSU’s campus, please visit: https://parking.kennesaw.edu/docs/kennesaw-parking-map.pdf.
TOPICS & SPEAKERS
Mental Health Resources in Cobb County
- Foster Norman – Cobb Community Services Board
- Reinnette Arnold, MSW, LCSW, MAC – The Empowerment Agency
Mental Health Stigma & Cultural Competency
- Belisa Urbina – Ser Familia, Inc.
- Jeff Earle, LCSW – Kennesaw State University
Substance Abuse & Opioids
- Laura Searcy, MN, APRN, PPCNP-BC – Cobb Community Alliance to Prevent Substance Abuse
- Tate Sams – Alana Recovery Center
Trauma & Coping
- Irene McClatchey, PhD – Kennesaw State University
- Julie Beem, MBA – Attachment & Trauma Network